Terms and Conditions for Mediations
- The Mediator’s Fee includes two hours of preparation time and professional services for conducting the mediation. If the mediation exceeds the estimated duration, hourly fees will be charged at the mediator’s current hourly rate.
- The Administration Fee includes a room for a day of mediation, tea, coffee and a light lunch for three people, use of the Juris server for uploading, serving and using documents before and during the mediation and ongoing administrative support.
- Both the Administration Fee and the Mediator’s Fee must be paid at the time of booking. Any hourly fees due to the mediator for additional services must be paid within three (3) days of being invoiced by Juris.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, each party is responsible for an equal share of the fees.
- Juris acts as your authorised agent in receiving, holding and paying the mediator’s fees and the mediator, if registered for VAT, will issue a VAT invoice to you directly.
- All fees must be paid by bank transfer at the time of booking. If the fees are not received in timely fashion, Juris may cancel the mediation and will accept no responsibility for any loss due to such cancellation. Your choice of mediator cannot be guaranteed until full payment has been received.
- Fees are based on a mediation being held in Belfast. Alternative venues carry alternative fees and may be requested.
- Additional services such as presentation equipment for the mediation or catering for additional parties may be purchased separately.
- It is the parties’ responsibility to communicate any notice of cancellation to Juris. Any notice of cancellation must be in writing (letter or e-mail).
- If notice of cancellation is received more than fourteen (14) days before the hearing, there will be no cancellation fee.
- If notice of cancellation is received between seven (7) and fourteen (14) days before the hearing, a cancellation fee will be charged comprising the cost of the rooms reserved.
- If notice of cancellation is received less than seven (7) days before the hearing, a cancellation fee will be charged comprising the cost of the rooms, catering and any equipment reserved.
- Cancellation charges will be allocated according to the agreement of the parties or, if there is no agreement, by Juris in its absolute discretion. The charges will be deducted from the Administration Fee already received and the balance will be refunded to each party within 15 days of the date of allocation.
- For the purpose of this payment policy, Saturdays and Sundays are counted as days.
- Juris will comply in all respects with Data Protection legislation in force at the relevant time.
- Unless requested by the parties to do otherwise on terms acceptable to Juris, all documents held by Juris will be destroyed 30 days following the conclusion of the mediation. Likewise, the access to the portal will be removed.
- Juris acknowledges that, during the course of this agreement, Juris, its employees or agents may become aware of information regarding the parties or the dispute which may be regarded as confidential. Except as provided by law, Juris will not release or divulge confidential information regarding the parties or their dispute. This obligation, which Juris acknowledges, is over and above the duty of confidentiality owed by the mediator.
- The law governing the Contract between Juris and its clients is the law applicable in Northern Ireland and the venue for any disputes is Northern Ireland.